Anxious, Nervous, or Car Sick Pet?

A few weeks ago during a doctor’s appointment I had brought up a recent story where I fell off my horse.  I proceeded to tell my doctor what happened….I was riding my horse, when I very much succeeded at purposely trying to scare him by kicking something that we rode past (this is called desensitizing a horse).  He was so frazzled that he starting soft bucking and spinning, to where I slide off and he went running to the opposite side of the arena.  My horse is young, can be a nervous nelly, and sensitive at times.  The doctor brought up a product that she uses on her cats called Rescue Remedy.  She said this product really works and it’s pretty cheap ($14.00 for a 20 mL bottle!) so I figured I would give it a try! I have 5 pets, all of which have entirely different personalities!  So I was excited to try a new product on 2 of them to see if this actually worked!

5 year old, 50 lb Australian Shepard/Chocolate Lab mix

Issue:  She very much loves her home and is not a huge vacationer.  Our furbabies are creatures of habit, routine, and are very smart!  She understands what is going on when luggage is being packed, she especially understands when she is in the truck with the luggage what is going on.  On the drive to our destination she gets very anxious, by panting and pacing all over the truck, in between naps (depending how long our drive is).  When we reach our destination she never takes her eyes and feet off of me!  She is literally on my heels and paying attention to my every move, until we get in the truck with our luggage to go home. I want her to be comfortable, but there wasn’t much I could do for her up until hearing about Rescue Remedy.  I got this product just in time to try it for our weekend trip up north 😊 (4 drops administered via treat 1 hour before we left home).  Again, I was very happy by the results of this product as there was no panting or pacing on our car ride up north.  While up north, she didn’t pay attention to me as much as she usually does, nor did she sleep at the door waiting for us to come back if we had left.  She spent her time upstairs with her doggy sister and human grandparents while we were out, which made me so so happy!

7 year old, Paint horse

Issue: Certain things that touch his body, he is very sensitive too.  If I bring him into new situations or places, such as hand walking him around the 100 acre barn property, he gets very skittish and nervous…. I have been working to desensitize him for a couple of months now, but there are always new random things that pop up that scare him, so it’s really about changing their reaction to scary things and being a buckin’ bronco is one of those things!  Testing this product on my horse was going to get me absolute accurate results if it actually worked or not…And believe me when I say this!  This product


is legit!  It is easy to say well maybe now your dog or cat is used of this change or was having a relaxed day already and so on.  But no one can argue that he was having a good day, the day I gave him Rescue Remedy.  I put tons of scary objects on his booty (his most sensitive touching area) outside in a field and all he did was step over (which was a huge change from going in circles and/or trying to buck the object off).  He was so relaxed, his head was leveled and relaxed as we walked around the property.  I am a strong believer in this product and I think it will help to change his habits of running around or bucking when he is frightened.  I will post an update when I use this product while taking him on his first trial ride :D This product is not a sedation for animals, but is to ease them during a stressful time.  These drops are to be administered on a needed basis and as stressful as the situation (not by body weight).  Rescue Remedy does not cause overdosing . Rescue Remedy I have found to be a great product when used properly.  If you plan to try this product for your pets, please use as directed and on a needed basis.  This product is not intended for everyday use to control your pets behavior, but instead to aid in comforting them during stressful situations.  Besides the aide of this product, reach out to a professional for additional help to calm your pet. While the pet brand is safe for humans, they do have several other products specifically for humans; RR Cream, RR Spray Natural Stress Relief, RR Kids, RR Sleep, and RR Pascilles.

Comments